In the magical scene of the starry African night, our exclusive excursions offer a unique and wonderful intimate experience of seeing the Loggerhead sea turtles leave the ocean to lay eggs.
After a journey of about 15 minutes by pick-up truck, you will arrive to the best beaches where the turtles nest.
At the place of observation, you will be welcome at our Glamping Tent where coffee & tea will be offered in a nice and glamorous atmosphere.
A comprehensive introductory briefing will provide you important information about the biology of sea turtles and safeguarding work underway on the Cape Verde Islands, but also directions on basic rules to follow in order to minimize the inconvenience brought to the turtles.
After the briefing you will be ready to start the Turtle Watching under a starry African sky and observe up close the turtles laying eggs.
Join us to witness this wonder of nature in the wild!
Duration: 3 hours approx.
What is included:
Transfer from/to your Hotel in Santa Maria
Introductory briefing in a glamping comfy tent Coffe& Tea break
Experience turtle watching
Gift souvenir video
Turtle watching season every year from June to October
To be an excellent turtle ranger:
- It is advisable to wear dark and comfy clothes
- The group should always stay together
- Participants should speak in a low voice
- Turn off the mobile phones to minimize any noise that might disturb the turtles
- Smoking is not allowed during the beach excursion
- The use of flashlights, mobile phone lights and flash is not allowed
- It is completely forbidden to touch the turtles